Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Facebook


Anna, Dave, Kayleigh said....
We think that Facebook is amazing! Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with people who are too far away to visit or call. Although there are always the chances of online predators, now a days websites have really improved the protection of private information. Facebook and Myspace have a very positive effect on social capital. Without these websites friends would come and go very quickly, but now we can keep the friends that we've made for a VERY long time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I agree with the conclusion you guys came up with. Though I agree with you that Facebook is amazing and is a great way to keep in touch with people I don't think that it has a "very positive effect on social capital." I mean yes you are connected to alot of people, but are you really "connected" with them? Facebook and MySpace wants to make you feel like your interacting with people, when the reality is that your sitting alone at a computer staring at a white screen with pictures for hours on end. Is that really bettering our countries social capital? I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete