Sunday, February 1, 2009

How much is our right to vote worth?

We asked ten fellow citizens just that question. The most popular answer was "Not for Sale" with a grand total of four people. Then we got some more creative answers such as "not over my dead body" and "not in my wildest dreams". We decided that the winner for most thoughtful answer was "my right to vote has no price". Only three people decided their right to vote could be worth any amount of money. One was so large that we could not decipher what the amount actually was and the other two were 750 billion and 80 trillion. With these reasults we came to the conclusion that many people do actually value their right to vote. We believe this is important and a good sign that maybe American pride is still worth something these days!

2 comments:

  1. From Delaney:

    It is difficult to say whether or not I would sell my vote. If someone had 80 trillion dollars in their hand, ready to hand to me, I may actually be willing to take the money. But it all depends. You bring up a very interesting point, and it restores my faith in citizens that actually value their right to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is the best way to see how people has different views on they're life. Some say they can sell their right for free, or some says it can't be sold. Really good project.

    -Toma

    ReplyDelete